Independent Contractor – IT/Cybersecurity Specialist
Northwest Florida | Southern Alabama | Eastern Puerto Rico | Western Puerto Rico | San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Participate in successful completion of project work including analysis, design, development, documentation, and testing of client network operations.
- Perform quality assurance activities to ensure standardization of best practices.
- Assist in the design and deployment of IT infrastructures and protection strategies to support client technical business plans.
- Act as technical escalation point for Support Specialists and the Service Desk within market team.
- Implement network infrastructure and security policies that promote client’s objectives.
- Document, test, and modify network operating systems to enhance efficiency and reliability.
- Diagnose and remedy network and operating system issues.
- Occasional ability to work beyond normal hours during project deployments, critical impact events and participate in an on-call rotation for critical (only) events.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Familiar with IT standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Field Engineer environment preferred
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting small and mid-size business infrastructure including, networking equipment, servers, end user computers, mobile devices, and purpose driven devices (NAS, SAN, Security Appliances, etc.)
- Experience building, troubleshooting and supporting Windows Server and knowledge of Active Directory is a must.
- Must be comfortable installing SonicWall or Cisco firewalls in a corporate environment.
- Effective triage and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to self-manage and lead others is required.
- Excels in fast-paced environments and is able to effectively multitask.
- Attention to details, process and accuracy is a must.
- Works well independently, self-motivated, and also works well with others as part of a team on a daily basis.
- Experience working as a field/server/network engineer/administrator,
- Comfortable communicating with end users and client contacts, with strong written and verbal communication skills on both technical and non-technical levels.
- Strong work ethic and a dedication to Excellence, Ownership, and a sense of urgency.
- Priority focus on client task management, project implementation and reactive/proactive support.
- Apply deep technical skills, ensuring successful rollout of client projects involving development and analysis of technology environment.
- Assist in day to day escalations of high level technical issues and proactive client visits for consultation and server/network health checks.
- You must be comfortable with AD and DNS and able to build new servers (VMWare and Microsoft Server OS) from the ground up, install firewalls, comfortable with MS Exchange administration, and deploy backup solutions, access points, UPS, PCs, NAS devices, etc.
- You must be able to communicate effectively, follow up as you commit to clients, take ownership of issues assigned, take pride in your work, and be self-motivated and directed.
** Those with only technical ability will fail at this position. We are looking for true “consultants” that not only posses techincal skills but also soft and people skills.
To be added to our candidate database please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org